eleven-X is a national wireless network operator enabling the Internet of Things. We are Canada’s first and only low power wide area network [LPWAN] optimized for IoT deployed coast-to-coast and our network supports connectivity for low-cost battery-powered sensors for a wide variety of applications. Our network enables customers in the private and public sectors to efficiently and cost-effectively manage assets, create Smart Cities, and realize environmental sustainability.
Living and Working in Waterloo
Waterloo is known as an Intelligent Community, home to three esteemed post-secondary institutions, global think tanks, major employers and a thriving tech start-up system. Our diverse city hosts year-round festivals, features an extensive trail network (and Light Rail Transit in 2017), boasts a strong economy, and enjoys proximity to both rural landscapes and urban amenities. Think farmer’s markets, world-class recreational facilities and an International Airport, all in one of the safest cities in Ontario.
Our reputation as a technology powerhouse has been bolstered by The Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor: a global centre of talent, growth, innovation and discovery. Rivaling the best in the world, this 100km stretch is the second-largest technology cluster in North America.
Build your career and your life in Waterloo, where accommodations range from upscale condos in heritage buildings to spacious homes in family-friendly communities. Every season brings its own set of activities to enjoy, as you work among the top-tier of wireless developers in the world.
Embedded Systems Designer
Many of our customers have unique pain points that require customized solutions. You will be part of an experienced and accomplished team developing world-class IoT solutions.
- Developing features using the C programming language
- Developing code to interface with various sensors and hardware components
- Researching, specifying, prototyping and implementing hardware for IoT devices
- Integrating LoRa radio technology into sensors and IoT devices
- Testing device functionalities and developing test automation system
- Debugging and resolving complex issues originating from lab and field testing
- Working closely with customers
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechatronics, or similar
- 2+ years of C programming experience
- 2+ years of digital and analog hardware design experience
- Experience in the lab using test equipment and performing basic soldering
- Embedded systems design and development experience
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Hard working and dedicated
The following competencies would be an asset:
- Programming experience with C++ and Python
- Knowledge and experience of embedded Linux, RTOS, BSP
- Experience with schematic entry, review, and PCB layout
- Experience designing low-power, battery operated devices, and interfacing with components using I2C, SPI, and UART
- Knowledge and experience of communication protocols
- Knowledge and experience with hardware bring-up and troubleshooting